.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

<Summary> YATB, Yet Another Technology Blog </Summary>

Friday, January 07, 2005

Indian cops and CS girls

Here is an interesting story about Indian cops

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,66123,00.html

I have also thought about these cops things in India, I laughed my ass out when I read

" The judge refused to consider the agreement on which the student clicked, for there was no signature in ink . "

As murthy points out according to this ALL of e-com in India in India. Cool so I should stop buying the books from the net.


Anyway one of my friends has watched the clip he told me that the clip is just about 173 seconds long, which makes me wonder can anyone really do something good in those 173 seconds :-).



Also I came across this post on women computer science students

http://cse.stanford.edu/class/cs201/projects-00-01/women-in-cs/stayingwithcs.html



Makes sense to me, considering I really don't know any good women CS programmers, yes I have come across them through net but that is obviously very rare, and I have to admit that whenever I look at them, I can't help saying

"Would you go out on a date?".


Oh well what else.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sriram said...

Sorry dude - but my best friend happens to be a 'woman computer science student'. What's more - she's probably the best programmer I've ever met (in the Joel post, she's the female Lisp hacker I was talking about).

And yes - I find other things to talk to her about than asking her out on a date, like you say.

8:27 AM, January 14, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I come across a good programmer,I'd first ask him/her 'How u doin' and then mabbe 'Whats ur favy language'.After I'm sure I like a woman,I'd ask her for a date.Not coz she's a good programmer, that does'nt have nothing to do with it.

I see that the woman-not-good-for-computers theory was originally a project study in Stanford University, California. While SU is indeed a respected institution, I would'nt take anything it says as the gospel truth. All generalizations are wrong- including this one.

1:58 AM, January 15, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home