.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

<Summary> YATB, Yet Another Technology Blog </Summary>

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

FYI

FYI, I have joined IIIT-Bangalore. It is a nice place. I love it. Actually, Bangalore more than IIIT-B. I just love the weather in Bangalore. It is just such a great place. If you are from North India and come here during summers, like I came, you will realise just how much better this place is. Then, my friends here tell the weather generally is quite uniform here. Not many extremes . I know in Chandigarh we used to have weather as low as 1 degrees to as high as 45 degrees. Yikes!

But, coming to IIIT-B. Before joining IIIT, I had a very hazy idea about Graduate School. Was I ready? Should I really go for it? Even after one month of joining IIIT, these questions still stand. I really don't know if this is the right path for me. But, I guess that is just what life is all about. But, IIIT-B seems to be a graduate school that is indeed quite different from others. It has some of the best faculty in whole of India, infrastructure that is just not available to many other institutes elsewhere. But, sometimes I wonder if a lot of stuff here is just right enough. This is graduate school modelled on American Universties. Still, certain rules here like, 100% attendence, just don't seem to resonate well with me. Then what about simple things that every graduate school even India seems to pocess, Library, we have but not sure anyone ever goes in there. I guess that is just what life is all about. But, these are just ramblings.

In all Grad School is just not at all cake walk. I was under the assumption that it was just an extension of what I studied in my undergrad. Ding Dong, that is just not true. Especially if like me, you have always tried to ignore mathematics you will just realize the hardships of Grad School, the hard way.

Enough for now, I know I haven't been blogging much. Let me correct that.

3 Comments:

Blogger vaasu said...

that's right!!

Make the best use of IIIT-B and not just the 24-hr internet:)

Best Wishes,
Vaasu (Batch 2003-05)

7:09 PM, September 15, 2005

 
Blogger Imanpreet said...

Hmmm, interesting. Though I posted a link to my blog in a recent mail on iiitbs2005, I am wondering if this where you got to know about my blog.

12:31 AM, September 16, 2005

 
Blogger vaasu said...

nope..i got the blog when I was searching with the key word "IIIT-B" using the new google blog search :)

10:40 PM, September 16, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home